Monday, September 3, 2007

Abbott's Frozen Custard used My Idea! :-D

Well, it seems Abbott's Frozen Custard decided to use my idea after all! If you have seen the new Abbott's treat - Frozen Cannolis, give them a try. Although they decided to go with an ice cream filling flavored as vanilla or chocolate instead of my suggested cannoli cream, but hey, they liked it enough to use it! Here is my original email to them . . .


Subject: Flavorful new idea from a customer
To:info@abbottscustard.com
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 2:12:55 AM

Dear Abbott's,
I am a long-time customer of your brand of frozen treats (over 30 years now). My craving for frozen custard is second to my love of cannolis. So, I would like to suggest a new flavor and spin on it.
Although i do not know how you make the rich flavors in your custard, but if you could make a cannoli cream custard, perhaps like the flavor from Wegman's, Salvatore's or Guido's Pasts Villa's cannolis.

As for the cone part, it would be a good match to have the cone made out of cannoli crust to give the flavor combo the perfect lend.

Why make cannoli custard? Abbott's started in Rochester, where cannolis are found on many restaurant menus, and in many bakeries, and grocery stores. They are as much a part of Rochester as Abbott's, Wegman's, Xerox and Kodak. I think the "Cannolli Cone" would be a great seller. Perhaps you could try a test batch as an event like Harborfest or July 4th week and see what the public thinks. I know there is research and focus group testing and marketing but maybe you could start with a customer poll at all Abbott's locations in Rochester as a less costly method to track public opinion then go from there.

My experience is in multimedia including working for news, production and promotions for television and radio stations in cities that rank in the top 25 population centers (Tampa, Orlando) before moving back home to Rochester (which ranks 74th). I also have my own promotions and production business and would be willing to run tasting events around Rochester to help introduce the new flavor.

I am not interested in your decision to use me or my services for any part of this. I am more serious about the Cannoli Cone frozen treat you could do well with in this wonderful city we all call home. I would like to hear your comments (positive or not) and any feedback you can provide on my suggestion and your implementing it. I can be reached using the contact info below my signature line.

Tank you for taking your time to read my suggestion and consider it for action Have a prosperous and happy year.

Sincerely,
Ron Durbin
Abbott's customer
. . .
Ron Durbin
rondurbin_us#yahoo.com

No comments: